Cheap Caribbean - Nightmare Honeymoon Presidential Suites Punta Cana
If I could rate Presidential Suites resort negative stars I would.First off let me say that this was my honeymoon and it was a nightmare.
As in previous postings you get sold everywhere you go from the timeshare to VIP. VIP gives you access to all the restaurants and both pools for a mere $10,000. One of the front desk associates pulled my husband and I out of quality time in the sun to sell us a timeshare on our second day (first full day), after I nicely told him we were spending quality honeymoon time by the pool he insisted on all 3 of us going down by the pool. Weird right?
This was the same salesman that I heard a few hours previous talking about payday on Friday and he was clearing $4000.00 us dollars after taxes. So my first am I woke up to a cockroach spinning on its back on the living room floor. When I approached the front desk they acted like I brought the roach. The food was as terrible as the customer service.
The wait staff refused to serve us by the pool. Lunch starts at 11am but they will not start serving food until they feel like it some days it was 11:15am and others it was 12:30pm. My husband did not eat the buffet, the only option for breakfast. The best part of our trip was the friends we made down there and they ended up cutting their trip short due to food poisoning.
They were also on their honeymoon and had to pay $400 us dollar for a doctor to come out and after that it took him 4 hours to come. She had a 103.5 fever and her options were paying $2,000.00 us dollars to go to the Dominican Republic hospital or book an early emergency flight home. If you do not eat the resort food you have no other option and you cannot leave the grounds to visit a grocery store or gas station. Your suite will be fully stocked with microwave, stove and dishes but you will not have any food to cook with so it is for show.
As stated in some previous reviews we lost electricity as well, the entire resort lost electricity for a day. They play music at 8am so do not plan on sleeping in or waking up peacefully. The elevators were out of service so we had to use the stairs which had candles lit so you could see enough to walk but not the cockroaches on the wall. The ocean that is at Presidential Suites is not to ocean on the brochure.
It is the Atlantic Ocean you are not near the Caribbean water. There are piles of seaweed and the water is not clear. You cannot lay and relax on this beach there are people trying to sell you adventures and braid your hair. They will scream until you answer them and when you answer no thank you they continue with massage and a wink.
The only pool you are allowed in is attached to the children’s pool. I have pictures of the cockroaches in our room, the resort, the broken elevator signs and candles lit in stairwells among other things. Please feel free to email me for pictures or additional feedback.
I had some friends and family members visit the Sandals resort and Iberostar and they had wonderful things to say about their vacation, so maybe spend a little more and have a better experience.I also spoke with 3 different Cheap Caribbean representative and they were all very nice but could not really help me do much as by the time they returned my call my vacation had two days left.
More Review Details
What I liked
What I disliked
- Refused refund
- Abandoned at resort
- Poor customer service
- Disrespectful employees
- Unprofession conduct of staff
- Reason of review:
- Poor customer service
- Preferred solution:
- Full refund
- Monetary loss:
- Product or service
- Presidential Suites Punta Cana
- Review category
- Hotels and Resorts
Author wants to be contacted by the company. Learn more ›
You May Also Like
- "While visiting Cozumel the week before Christmas with our family, we were approached on multiple occasions by a man named Pedro. Literally to the point we actually believed he was..."
- "I stayed at the comfort in in Birmingham Alabama on colonnade parkway. this was by far the WORST hotel i have EVER been in. just a list of what was..."
- "Angry consumer. After paying to stay for 30 days I've been staying at the extended stay America on 1031 pacific center Anaheim calif. After noticing..."
- "I ordered a "Deluxe" funeral spray, shown. Their website said the Deluxe was what was pictured. I paid $107. I accidentally put "Jr." after my brother's name (my Dad was..."
- "908-561-8300 UPS South Plainfield, NJ I have 7 chairs taken to this store to be packed and shipped to me before Christmas and I still have not received them worst..."
- "Have been contacting Mobstub for over 2 months sending in pictures again and again. Have not received the correct pair of earrings ordered. Ordered 3 pairs of earrings, white gold..."
- "Ordered hair form Guangzhou Modern show Hair Products Co.,Ltd company off Aliexpress.com, This company sold me Malaysian Virgin Hair Curly 16,18,20,22. The hair was fine for a weekend then it..."
- "Purchased a tub several months ago after requesting more information from their website. Sales rep came out and helped us figure out where to place the tub and which one..."
- "Ours is 2 years old and lumpy!!! I wrote to Simmons and sent pictures--never heard back. What recourse do we have? Over $1000 spent!..."